5 Signs You Have a Bulging Disc - Relieve Your Pain Through Spinal Decompression
Spinal discs are layers of cartilage between the vertebrae in your spine. As we age, these discs dehydrate, and the cartilage stiffens, causing them to bulge around their circumference.
Studies show that bulging disc accounts for about 30% of lower back pain cases in the United States.
Individuals with a bulging disc should avoid doing strenuous activities and seek immediate treatment, such as spinal decompression.
5 Signs and Symptoms of Bulging Discs
Bulging discs can trigger the following symptoms:
- A tingling sensation, numbness, or pain in the fingers, hands, arms, shoulders, or neck can signal a bulging disc in the upper spine or cervical area.
- Pain in the upper back that radiates to the stomach or chest can be a symptom of a bulging disc in the mid-spine or thoracic area.
- Lower back pain that spreads to the buttocks, thighs, and feet can be a symptom of a bulging disc in the lower back region or the lumbar spine
- Pain that emanates down one leg but not on the other can signify that a bulging disc pressures the sciatic nerve, resulting in sciatica.
- Loss of bladder control may mean that a bulging disc is compressing the cauda equina.
Spinal Decompression is an Effective Bulging Disc Treatment
Spinal decompression is a non-surgical treatment that involves gently stretching the spine with a specialized motorized device.
This procedure retracts the bulging disc, releases pressure on the affected nerve, and provides instant pain relief. The discs receive oxygen, water, and nutrient-rich fluids for faster healing.
Spinal decompression does not require any invasive procedure. It comes in a variety of forms, including spinal traction, which can be performed manually or mechanically to help relieve pressure on the spine.
Spinal decompression has an 86% success rate as a bulging disc treatment. It is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Authority as a treatment for spine-related problems.
Spinal Decompression in Suwanee
Caputo Chiropractic Center focuses on spinal decompression to relieve patients of pain from bulging discs. Dr. Thomas Caputo has three decades of experience in chiropractic care as a licensed chiropractic physician. He will use a combination of natural and drug-free treatments, including spinal decompression, to relieve you of body pain.
If you want to receive spinal decompression treatment for your bulging disk and live in the Suwanee, GA area, contact Caputo Chiropractor Center at (770) 962-0559 and schedule an appointment.